Sunday, September 2, 2012

Happy 80th Grandma!

Photo Credit: myshtetl.co.za

Today, half way around the world, my grandma is celebrating her 80th birthday.  All the kids, grandkids, and even great grandkids came to celebrate except my side, which is swamped with work.  I guess that's what happens when you live in America.

Since I couldn't be there, I made a gift for my grandma.  I bought a "I love Nana" frame from JCPenney and I did the artwork that went inside of it, which included all us siblings and even a picture of us with her from years ago.

I was hoping it would be a surprise, but when my dad called back home to talk to another one of my aunts, he mentioned to her what I was making for my grandma. Immediately, everyone in the house started shushing my dad. What's worse is that he goes on talking to my aunt and telling her everyone is shushing him because it's suppose to be a secret!  This made me recall a time when my family had planned a surprise birthday for my mom years ago and how my dad just went up to her and say, "Happy Birthday!"...two days before the event.  Another year, when I had to buy the birthday cake, he said he wanted to talk to me (while my mom was standing next to me of course) and said, "Did you get it?" My mom then told me that if we were to ever plan anymore surprises that we should just keep my dad out of it until the last minute.  I'm starting to think she is right.  Dad loves to talk way too much!

But of course, in the end, as long as grandma likes it, it's all that matters right?

No comments:

Post a Comment